Thanks For Attending Building Lasting Change
Presented by Mitsubishi Electric Heating and Cooling
Welcome to Canada Green Building Council's annual conference, Building Lasting Change.
From engineers, architects, and designers, to builders, manufacturers, policy advisors and real estate decision makers, BLC is where Canada’s building sector is inspired to do more, go further, and aim higher in our sustainability efforts.
Building our way forward
For Canada to meet its climate goals, the building sector must focus on decarbonization as part of their green building strategies. BLC’s targeted sessions will encourage active participation as we uncover and demystify the solutions needed to significantly reduce carbon emissions in Canada’s large buildings.
Recognized experts will share their knowledge, examine practical solutions, and explore the policies, standards, and strategies needed for decarbonization. Topics include decarbonizing the value chain, strategies for resiliency and risk mitigation, the impact of standards, codes and carbon valuation on decision making, and accessing capital to accelerate retrofits. Conference attendees can follow our primary session track or create a customized agenda in the BLC conference mobile app.
What you can expect
- Engaging keynote speakers including Craig Losos, Nature Conservancy of Canada
- Targeted sessions on the critical issues facing the building and real estate sector
- Opportunities to participate and engage in meaningful discussions
- Green building tours to showcase best practices on carbon reduction
- Networking opportunities for people and businesses
- Celebrate the sector’s achievements at the Gala Dinner and Celebration
Attendees can join us in person at the LEED Gold certified JW Marriott Parq in Vancouver or online as a virtual attendee.